1.arrangement表示“安排,筹划,准备”是可数名词,一般用复数形式,常与介词about或for连用;表示“整理,排列”时,是不可数名词,但如果着眼于结果(此时常有形容词修饰)则可加不定冠词;表示“协商,商妥”时,常用于with sb, about〔over〕 sth 短语中。
2.arrangement也可接动词不定式作后置定语。
That flower arrangement looks very artistic.那样插花看上去很有艺术性。
He undertook to improve the working arrangements.他答应改善工作安排。
I hope that the arrangements meet with your approval.我希望这些安排会得到你的同意。
▲~+prep.-phrase
We can come to some arrangement about the price.价钱方面,我们可以商议解决。
I hatched all the arrangement for the dance.我为舞会做了一些安排。
We must agree the arrangements for this.我们必须同意为此所做的安排。
It was very thoughtful of you to make all the necessary arrangements for us.你考虑得真周到,为我们做好了一切必要的安排。
The inside arrangements of the house are very old-fashioned.屋子里面的布置是老式的。
We can come to some arrangement over the time.时间方面,我们可以商议解决。
Appointments are to be made by arrangement with the manager's secretary.约见时间需要和经理的秘书商定。
▲~+to-v
They made an arrangement to meet at nine.他们约好九点见面。
